Gear and Clothing‹ Home
WHAT TO WEAR ON THE WATER
• If it’s a hot day all you’ll need is shorts and t-shirt. However there is plenty of dry storage in the kayaks so please also bring…
• Warm outdoor clothing (not jeans as they are uncomfortable if they get wet). We will provide you with a waterproof kayak jacket
• A pair of shoes or sandals that you don’t mind getting wet
• Pack lunch and drink for day trips; A snack and drink for half day trips
• We usually have a break on a beach so bring swimming gear if you’d like to go for a splash!
Kit you will need to bring on catered camps:
• Sleeping Bag (we can provide this if you don’t have your own)
• A spare set of warm outdoor clothing for the evening camp
• A bottle of your favourite beer or wine!
• Sunscreen & sun hat
We will provide everything else that you’ll need but please feel free to bring any of your own kit that you like
Additional kit for self catered camps:
• Tent and Sleeping mat
• A camp stove
• Plenty of food and water
• A torch
Intermediate, advanced and BCU courses:
• We recommend that experienced paddlers bring as much of their own equipment as possible, but we can provide any technical kit that you don’t already own.
• Cag and dry trousers or dry suit
• Buoyancy aid (PDF)
• Wetsuit boots or kayak boots
• Sea kayak towline
• Torch and light sticks
• Marine knife
• First aid kit
• Sea kayak repair kit
• VHF radio
• Personal flares
Remember… Sea Kayaks are designed to be able to carry heavy loads with minimal or no extra effort to the paddler and there is plenty of storage space. So unlike a walking or cycling trip please feel free to bring whatever you need to be comfortable!