Hidden Devon (Half Day)
Explore one of the UK’s premier Sea Kayak destinations
Coastal Discovery (Full Day)
A classic day’s Sea Kayaking. Escape the crowds on a coastline rich in wildlife.
Young Family Trips
An action-packed trip along the very best of the South Devon coast
Group Trips & Adventures
A perfect activity to celebrate a special occasion or event
Women’s PaddlesBook Now
Paddleboard Guided Trips
Master the art of Stand Up Paddleboarding
Explore Devon’s Stunning Coastline With A Guided Kayaking Trip!
Families, Groups and Individuals are all welcome.
All Equipment Provided & No Previous Experience Required!
We use top of the range Sea Kayaks that are easier to use and more comfortable than cheaper sit-on-top kayaks. Our equipment will let you enjoy a REAL sea kayaking experience!
Full Day Vs Half Day?
Our hugely popular full day trip really is the ultimate way to explore the coast. Because you have more time than on a half day trip you won’t have to rush to get to the best bits of the coast. Just load your kayak up with a packed lunch, plenty of sun cream, and head out for an unforgettable day exploring the coast!
09:30 to 16:30
If you don’t have time for a full day on the water then try one of our action-packed half-day trips. You’ll still have plenty of time to spot lots of wildlife and have a quick stop on a beach for a swim and to roast a marshmallow on a campfire!
Morning 09:30 to 13:00
Afternoon 13:30 to 17:00
Young Family VS our other trips… What’s The Difference? Not much!
Where you go and what you do is usually exactly the same on all trips, but this trip helps us team up families with kids of a similar age.
IMPORTANT! All ages are welcome on this trip but younger children age 5 to 11 get priority on DOUBLE KAYAKS! If your family has a mix of younger kids and teenagers, you should book the Young Family Trip so that we know to reserve you double kayaks for any younger kids in your group.
As an approximate guide, children aged 11 and younger often go in a double kayak with an adult. However, we know that some 11-year-olds are taller and fitter than their parents! If this is the case of course they can paddle a single kayak by themselves. However, if you are not sure then it might be worth taking a double kayak because double kayaks are great fun and will let you go on a bigger adventure!
Our carefully chosen team includes some of the UK’s top Sea Kayak coaches. We will take you on an unforgettable journey to discover rocky headlands with spectacular cliffs, secret coves with golden sand beaches and deep calm estuaries that cut their way into ancient Oak forests… All this makes Devon one of the worlds premier Sea Kayak destinations.
Dartmouth and the surrounding coast is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and our kayaks let you get right in close to the shore where no other boats can go. They glide easily between beautiful reefs and rocky outcrops letting you sneak up close to amazing wildlife. This really is the ultimate way to explore the coast!
- Exploring secret passages between amazing rocky islands
- Have a curious wild seal resting her flipper on your kayak
- Paddling into huge sea caves where pirates may have hidden their treasure
- Fishing for mackerel or catching fascinating creature in one of our lobster pots
- Relaxing on a remote sandy beach and roast marshmallows on a driftwood fire
- Our highly qualified and experienced guides will give you an expert briefing and always be close at hand to make sure you feel confident and relaxed on the water.
- A choice of 50 top of the range Sea Kayaks, which are comfortable, stable and glide easily through the water.
- We provide you with all the other technical equipment that you’ll need including buoyancy aids and quality waterproof, breathable kayak jackets.
- Everyone gets a dry bag which goes in a watertight hatch in the kayak so you can be confident your lunch, phones, cameras will stay dry.
- We also have sun caps and neoprene straps to secure your sunglasses.
- You can leave anything you don’t want to bring with you in our secure storage.
- Photos – Our guides all carry waterproof digital cameras so you can enjoy your trip while we capture the memorable moments; we will send you a link so you can download the pictures.
- And most importantly we include the marshmallows for the campfire!
We keep our group sizes small with a minimum of 2 and maximum of 6 people per instructor. If you are a larger group or 2 families who want to kayak together, that is no problem at all; you will simply have multiple instructors looking after you on the water. If you would like to book a group of more than 6 people just email, message or phone us and we’ll be delighted to book you in.
*Min of 2, Max of 6 per instructor.
Individuals and larger groups welcome, just get in touch if and we’ll be delighted to book you in firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Do I Need?
If it’s a hot day all you’ll need is shorts and t-shirt! However there is plenty of dry storage in the kayaks so please also bring…
- A warm jumper and trousers (ideally not cottend (e.g. jeans) as it’s not as comfortable or warm if it gets wet)
- A pair of shoes, sandals or flip-flops that you don’t mind getting wet
- Pack lunch and drink for day trips; A snack and drink for half day trips
- We usually have a break on a beach so bring swimming gear if you’d like to go for a splash!
You don’t need a wetsuit. It’s very rare that anyone falls in the water and it’s much more comfortable to paddle in light clothing.
For trips in the early spring, late autumn and winter, please bring plenty of warm outdoor clothing (fleece jumpers etc.) and a spare set of clothing. For our winter courses and trips you can use one of our Peak UK Adventure one piece drysuits.
What Experience Do I Need?
You don’t need any experience at all, you don’t even need to be the sporty type or be able to swim. In our comfortable, stable kayaks and under the expert guidance of our coaches you will quickly relax and enjoy your trip. For those who consider themselves to be fit and adventurous there is endless possibilities for excitement.
Is It Easy?
YES! Pretty much everyone who gets into one of our Sea Kayaks is amazed at how easy it is. They are stable and they all have a retractable fin at the back so they track naturally in a straight line. Even the least fit will glide along faster than walking speed with about the same amount of effort as riding a bike on the flat. Our super stable double kayaks also have a rudder at the back to make steering even easier.
Who Can Come On A Trip?
As well as single kayaks we also have big stable double kayaks so even children as young as 5 can join in the fun. Sea Kayaking is also a brilliant activity for larger groups with a mix of abilities.
How Do I book?
To guarantee your place, you can book online; just select your numbers of adults and children in your party, the date and hit “book”. <!–Alternatively, you can email us email@example.com or give us a call, we’ll be happy to help book you in. –>
A Real Sea Kayaking Experience… Book Online Now!